Meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m. by Chair Charles Kuettel.
Town Officers: Supervisor Charles Kuettel, Supervisor Douglas Dressen, Treasurer Raymond G. Barnes, Clerk Lita Wallace; Absent: Supervisor Donald Swanstrom
Guests: Marialice Arndt, Richard Arndt, William Jessen, Kevin Olson, Deb Pomroy, Ted Wallace, John Wilson
Clerk’s Report :
The minutes of the Board of Supervisors meeting on April 9, 2019, was presented and reviewed. Motion by Dressen to approve, second by Kuettel, motion carried, 2-0-0.
Total Funds on hand as of 04/01/2019 (Includes Investments) – $162,797.83
Plus: Deposits – $219.53
Less: Disbursements (April) – $1,501.09
Total Funds on hand as of 04/30/2019 – $161,516.27
April Check # 1440 – 1445
Claims (May) – $2,219.00
May Check # 1446 – 1455
No Fund Transfers Needed
Kuettel motion to approve the April 2019 Treasurer’s Report and the May 2019 Claims, second by Dressen, motion carried, 2-0-0.
- Approval of the sale of the tax-forfeited land to the township
- Bids on road work for washout areas at West Branch Road
- Update on tree order – 500 trees are expected to be delivered the week of May 20. The township needs volunteers to help plant the trees as soon as it arrives. Tools for planting will be available. If you are available to help, please contact Charles Kuettel at 218-848-2436.
- Election Judge Kathy Sluka has resigned – moved to another state
- Letter from St. Louis County re-approval of the sale of the tax-forfeited land to the township
- Bill in the amount of $1,121.25 from St. Louis County for second half of 2018-2019 snow plowing at West Branch Road
- Letter from St. Louis County Planning and Community Development Department re-CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs Requalification
- Invitation to attend a Planning Team Meeting for the update of the 2019 St. Louis County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan on Tuesday, May 29, 10:00a.m.-12:00 p.m. in Duluth’s St. Louis County Public Safety Office in 5735 Miller Trunk Highway
- Email from Kristin Fogard of St. Louis County Land and Minerals Department with information on the 2019 MDA Noxious Weed List
- Email from St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office requesting to fill out a Local Mitigation Survey form
- Copy of a letter from a resident, Bruce Sederberg, to the Land Commissioner requesting purchase of an easement from the county adjacent to a property he owns
- Email from St. Louis County Association of Townships (SLCAT) with attachments as follows: (1) Minutes of March 27, 2019 Meeting; (2) May 22, 2019, Meeting Agenda; and (3) notice of 2019 Annual Election and Annual Meeting on May 22, 2019
- Requests via email for information on a pending and/or levied assessments against two properties from North Shore Title Company
- May Meeting Agenda from Duluth Association of Townships
- Completed Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan Update/2019 Local Mitigation Survey form to St.Louis County Sheriff’s Office
- Responded to emails from North Shore Title Company re-pending and/or levied assessments for two properties in the township
- Project proposal from Alex Olson (through Kevin Olson) for the town board’s approval. Alex is working on his Eagle Project for Boy Scouts and would like to build a wooden picnic table with a roof over it for the new trail on the township land by Rossini Road with no cost to the township. – Motion by Dressen to approve proposal, second by Kuettel. Alex will submit proposal to the Boy Scouts for approval and if approved, construction will begin sometime in July. Supervisors will determine the location for the picnic table.
- John Wilson stated that the bench he is donating in honor of his father is almost done and would like to request the township to designate a spot for it at the township land in Rossini Road. The bench is made of wood and granite and measures approximately 4′ x 8′. The supervisors will determine where to place it and will most likely be in the same area as the picnic table. In addition, Wilson was given permission to drive his 4-wheeler to bring wood chips to place around the bench as it will be considered maintenance purposes.
Next Meeting: June 11, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Firehall, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Meeting adjourn at 8:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk