The meeting was called to order by Chair Scott Mead at 7:30 p.m.
- Board members Scott Mead, Lee Kaplan and Don Swanstrom; Treasurer Kim Hand; and Clerk Lita Wallace
- Number of residents present – 10
- Number of non-residents present – 1
Clerk’s Report – June Minutes was read by Lita. Motion by Scott, second by Don, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
$248,068.18 Total cash on hand as of 5/31/2016
$656.55 Add: Deposits
$1,891.99 Less: Expenditures
$246,832.74 Total cash on hand as of 6/30/2016
Motion by Scott, second by Don, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
- As approved at the March Annual Meeting, the levy for 2016-2017 is for the amount of $30,000 to be submitted to St. Louis County.
- A request from a prospective buyer of the Wasnik property was received to remove “No Parking” signs at the end of West Branch Road which are not Township signs but obviously put up by a private citizen. Scott and Lee went to the location and checked the two signs that were placed in sawhorses. One was in a private property and one in township property. The township did not put the sign and will have to look at what can be done.
- Clerk’s report on Election Training attended – At the training with St. Louis County Election Department and Minnesota Association of Townships in June, it was emphasized that it is law that Election Judges must have a party balance, (Minn. Stat. 204B.19) (i.e.; one Democrat, one Republican.) There are two residents that volunteered to be Alternate Election Judges and Lita will conduct the training for them.
- Since Primary Election is scheduled on August 9 and ends at 8:00 p.m., the next township meeting will start at 8:30 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m. Motion by Lee, second by Don, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
- Received: Letter from St. Louis County – Report from State Demographic Center: 2015 population estimate as of April 1, 2015 is 121 and household estimate is 59. Email with form from Arrowhead Abstract and Title Company requesting Assessment Certificate for a resident’s property. Emails from Election Department re-training materials for Election Judges, Election Supply drop-off, and August 9 Primary Election.
- Sent: Completed form sent to Arrowhead Abstract and Title Company.
Claims and Payroll – Check #s1066-1070 totalling $1,291.82
Public Comment – As part of FireWise Grant, fire signs will be distributed on Saturday, July 16, from 10:30a.m.-12:00pm. at Pequaywan Firehall. Don’t forget to mark down your hours spent on removing trees. Volunteer hours count towards the township’s portion of the matching FireWise grant. To get copy of the form, go to http://www.pequaywantownship.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Pequaywan-volunteer-form.pdf. Check out http://www.pequaywanlakes.com/ for more information about FireWise.
Next Meeting: August 9, 2016, 8:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Motion to Adjourn at 8:55 by Scott, second by Lee, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
Respectfully submitted by,