July 9, 2019
Meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chair Charles Kuettel.
Attendance: Supervisor Charles Kuettel, Supervisor Donald Swanstrom, Supervisor Douglas Dressen, Treasurer Ray Barnes, Recording Secretary Marialice Arndt. Guests: Dick Arndt, Daryle Waldriff, and Scott Mead.
Clerk’s Report: The minutes of the Board of Supervisors meeting on June 11, was presented and reviewed. Motion to approve by Dressen, seconded by Swanstrom with corrections: Under Old Business add St Louis County contact is now Stacy and under Section 1: # 9350 remove 2 culverts and under section 2 #9322 add 2 culverts to stabilize. Motion carried, 3-0-0.
Total Cash on hand as of 06/01/2019 (Includes Investments) – $159,513.08
Plus: Deposits – $220.24
Less: Disbursements (June) – $1,012.34
Total Cash on hand as of 06/30/2019 – $158,720.96
June Check # 1456-1462
Claims (June) – $1,339.29
July Check # 1463-1468
No Fund Transfer Needed
Dressen motion to approve the June 2019 Treasurer’s Report and the July 2019 Claims, second by Swanstrom, motion carried, 3-0-0.
- Update on West Branch Road: After further discussion, an agreement was reached with Nick Elmquist to proceed with his plan for project on the West Branch Road maintenance. Dressen motion to accept Nick Elmquist’s bid, second by Swanstrom. Motion carried, 3-0-0. He is expected to start soon and is to sign the agreed upon contract.
- Resolution #2019-007: Resolution for use of motorized vehicles on township land was approved with correction. Motion by Dressen, second by Swanstrom. Motion carried, 3-0-0. Correction is to note that designated parking spaces should be excluded from the ban on motorized vehicles.
- Distribution of funds for CTAS accounts from the 2020 Levy of $35,000 was completed with designated dollars to following funds; Total General Fund $14,000, Fire and EMS $15,000.00, Road and Bridge (ongoing maintenance) $4,000, and Road and Bridge (Capital Reserve) $2,000.00. It was noted that having funds in the General Fund allowed for more flexibility. Motion to approve the distribution of funds by Dressen and seconded by Swanstrom, motion carried 3-0-0.
- Email from North Shore title requesting pending assessment information on a property in the township.
- Email from the Department of Revenue that the online Board of Appeal and Equalization training is now available.
- Responded to North Shore Title’s email.
Maintenance of township walking trail was discussed. Tall weeds make it hard to follow trail, possible mowing by a brush mower. Kuettel advised that the county was told to use the right of way for description to delineate the possible addition to the township land.
Additional conversation is ongoing about reducing the speed limit at entrance of West Branch Road, weight restrictions to curtail lumber truck, and perhaps a survey to the citizens. Insurance coverage was discussed and noted that General Liability would be provided under MAT. It is believed that none of the supervisors are bonded.
Next Meeting, August 13, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Firehall, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Meeting adjourn at 8:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Marialice Arndt, Recording Secretary
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk