Call to Order
Attendance: Supervisors Scott Mead, Lee Kaplan and Donald Swanstrom, Treasurer Raymond Barnes, Clerk Lita Wallace, three residents and one non-resident.
Clerk’s Report – Scott motioned to approve the April 2017 minutes, second by Donald, motion carried. (Scott yay, Donald yay, Lee refrained as he was not present at the meeting.)
March Treasurer’s Report
$249,180.15 Total cash on hand as of 2/28/17
$ 7,901.21 Deposits
$ 1,351.25 Disbursements
$255,730.11 Total cash
April Treasurer’s Report
$255,730.11 Total cash on hand as of 3/31/17
$ 171.21 Deposits
$ 1,339.58 Disbursements
$254,561.74 Total cash on hand as of 4/30/17
Lee motioned to approved the Treasurer’s Reports, second by Scott, motion carried. (Scott yay, Donald yay, Lee yay.)
- Update on West Branch Road work – Scott, Lee and Donald will be meeting with Haugen Construction to discuss widening of the turnaround. They would like the project done this year. Donald received a call from the county informing him that a strip of blacktop had been accidentally plowed. Scott checked it and it was an area that was already loose.
- Township land clearing – as soon as road restriction is lifted, job will start sometime this month
- Discussion of procedure for replacing an Election Judge – Since one of the regular election judges is moving, an alternate judge has expressed an interest to replace her. Lita stated that the requirement is that during a national and state election, two of the judges must be affiliated with two major political parties, Democrat and Republican.
- Distribution of budget for 2018 Levy form for submission to St. Louis Co. – Lita submitted a breakdown of the budget which the supervisors reviewed and discussed. Don motioned to approve, Lee seconded, motion carried. . (Scott yay, Donald yay, Lee yay.)
- Term date of Clerk and Treasurer – Received an email from Minnesota Association of Townships wanting to verify if the Clerk and Treasurer positions are truly appointed positions and therefore will no longer be up for election every two years and will not have an end of term date.
- From the treasurer:
- Where to put interest income from savings and money market – it was discussed that 80% will go to the Roads and Bridges Reserve Fund and 20% to General Fund.
- Receipts for office supplies need to be submitted and accounted for as required by the state.
- Scott and Donald will need to go to the Credit Union to be added to the account.
- Ray is still trying to reconcile bank accounts. What he’ll do is keep $200 in the checking account at the end of the month after all the bills are paid. When paying bills, funds will be transferred from the savings account of the appropriate funds.
- Ray discovered that in CTAS, some employees have more than one Employee ID# per job function. He explained that only one Employee ID# per employee is needed.
- Invoice from St. Louis Co. for 2016 Proposed Tax STMT Prep for $74.16
- Invoice from St. Louis Co. Public Works Dept for 2nd half billing of 2016-2017 Snowplow Season for $1,006.25
- Minutes of March Minutes from St. Louis Co. Association of Townships
- Letter from Minnesota Unemployment Insurance informing of due dates for 2017
Claims Report: Check numbers 1252-1257 totalling $1,900.59.
Next Meeting: June 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8744 Pequaywan Lake Road
Meeting was motioned to adjourn at 8:06 p.m. by Scott, second by Don, motion carried, (Scott yay, Donald yay).
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Pequaywan Town Clerk