May 12, 2020
Posted April 9, 2020
Due to the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Supervisors of Pequaywan Township will not be holding monthly meetings at the Pequaywan Fire Hall. Instead, they will meet and conduct business via telephone conference until further notice, starting at the scheduled time of the meeting. These meetings will still be open to the public. If you would like to listen to the monthly meeting, send an email to Deputy Clerk Stephanie Teek at firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number or call 218-525-4068. You will be registered for the meeting and send you instructions on how to get into the conference call.
Procedure for telephone conference including:
(1) on votes, each supervisor will say 1st name and vote yes or no
(2) the public will not be able to speak during the meeting, as advised. Instead, the public can call a supervisor on their concerns. See Public Comments below for more information.
Call to Order
Commentary on procedure for telephone call including On Votes, each supervisor will say 1st name and vote yes or no. The public will not be able to speak during the meeting, as advised. Instead, the public can call a supervisor on their concerns.
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- MN Secretary of State VEGA Grant Award in the amount of $1,382.60 submitted by the township to purchase new election equipment to replace the Automark machine
- Update on burn/chipping area on township land
- Conducting future township meetings
- West Branch Road - road repairs, widening of 2 areas and concern of dead trees; have Doug Dressen’s contact info and information on upcoming weight limits before the signs are installed
- Adding Deputy Clerk and Deputy Treasurer on the life insurance policy and Workers’ Comp.
- Two LBAE Letters of Appeal
- Email request from North Shore Title requesting info on pending and/or levied assessments against a property in the township
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships, April 2020 newsletter and training info
- Weekly email update from St. Louis County re-COVID-19
- Email from MN Secretary of State re-VEGA-2 Grant Award in the amount of $1,382.60 submitted by the township for purchase of election equipment to replace Automark
- Email from South St. Louis Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) re-60 day Notice of Intent to plan St. Louis Watershed Comprehensive Watership Management Plan
- Email from MN Association of Townships informing townships that in-person township board meetings are now allowed
- Email from U.S. Census Bureau re-2020 Census Updates and Response Rates
- Email and postage mail from St. Louis County Elections re-the November 3, 2020 Notice of General Election
- Email from St. Louis County Assessors Department re-supplies and materials for LBAE meeting on April 29 and Minutes/Certification after the meeting
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-invitation on a teleconference with Governor Walz on May 13 at 4:30 PM
- Email from Becky Orn/North Shore Title re-Assessment Inquiry of a property in the township
- Mailed Pequaywan Township Officer List to Minnesota Association of Townships on April 16, 2020 (due May 1, 2020)
- Emailed Pequaywan Township Officer List to St. Louis County Election Department
- Mailed snowplowing check to St. Louis County Public Works
- Mailed decision response to the two Letters of Appeal as discussed during the LBAE meeting on April 29
- Email response to Becky Orn/North Shore Title re-request for a pending and/or levied assessments against a property on the township
Next Meeting, June 9, 2020, 7:30 p.m., (check the town website for update on how the meeting will be conducted, whether teleconference or in-person)