The Board of Supervisors generally meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm at the Pequaywan Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road.
The week's events
Township Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (via teleconference)
Township Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (via teleconference)Phone conference
Posted April 9, 2020
Due to the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Supervisors of Pequaywan Township will not be holding monthly meetings at the Pequaywan Fire Hall. Instead, they will meet and conduct business via telephone conference until further notice, starting at the scheduled time of the meeting. These meetings will still be open to the public. If you would like to listen to the monthly meeting, send an email to email@example.com with your phone number or call 218-525-4068. You will be registered for the meeting and send you instructions on how to get into the conference call.
Updated May 14, 2020
We will follow guidance from Minnesota Association of Townships in conducting future township meetings. Check the town webpage, pequaywantownship.org whether we will have teleconference or in-person meeting will be posted at least 10 days before the scheduled meeting.
Procedure for telephone conference including:
(1) on votes, each supervisor will say 1st name and vote yes or no
(2) the public will not be able to speak during the meeting, as advised. Instead, the public can call a supervisor on their concerns. See Public Comments below for more information.
Call to Order
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- Plan date to purchase DS200 voting equipment to replace the M100 Automark Machine and whether plan to use for 2020 elections (cost is $5,260 and grant is $1,382.60=$3,877.40 amount plus other charges)
- SWIFT system or submitting Form W9 is the State of Minnesota’s required procedure for reimbursement of the Presidential Nomination Primary election costs
- Concern of dead trees in West Branch Road
- Township land update on (1) new driveway permit, (2) tree pile area, and (3) application for property tax exemption
- SCCU opening lobby on June 8th-adding deputy clerk and deputy treasurer to co-sign on the account
- Workers’ Comp coverage for election judges
- Procedure for future in person Township meetings
- Email from St. Louis County Public Health Division with link to online business guide for businesses affected by the pandemic
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-invitation on a teleconference with Governor Walz on May 19 at 5:00 PM
- Email from US Census Bureau, Regional Weekly Partner Briefing invitation on May 14 at 10:00 a.m.
- Email from St. Louis County re-Election Judge Party List
- Email from US Census Bureau, Regional Weekly Partner Briefing invitation on May 28, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships, May 2020 newsletter
- Weekly email update from St. Louis County Public Health Division re-COVID-19
- Email from Minnesota Secretary of State re-VEGA-2 Reallocation Opportunity
- Email from US Census Bureau, Regional Bi-Weekly Partner Briefing invitation on May 28 at 3:00 p.m.
- Email from St. Louis County re-Application for Property Tax Exemption on Pequaywan Township parcel
- Email from St. Louis County Government Services re-CDBG-CV funding application
- Email from Minnesota Secretary of State re-PNP Payments
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships - newsletter re-Tuesday Township conference calls, Survey from Center for Rural Policy & Development, MAT Office Summer Hours and web seminar schedule
- Email from St. Louis County re-2020 Calcium Chloride Dust Control Bid #5619
- Email from Minnesota State Demographic Center re-how to challenge the population and household estimates from the State Demographer
- Email from Census Bureau: Regional Bi-Weekly Chicago Region-Partner Briefing
- CTAS 2019 financial report submitted online to the State of Minnesota Auditor’s Office in March 2020
- Town Levy for 2021 sent by postage mail to St. Louis County Assessor’s Office in May 2020
This is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the Board, who are not on the agenda. No more than one (1) public comment form per citizen will be accepted per meeting. A completed Public Comment form must be presented to the Clerk prior to the meeting. Your presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.
Next Meeting, July 14, 2020, 7:30 p.m. (will be updated whether it is a teleconference or in-person meeting at least 10 days before the scheduled meeting)
Adjourn regular meeting