Meeting was called to order at 7:34 p.m. by Chair Kuettel.
Attendance: Town officers: Supervisor Charles Kuettel, Supervisor Donald Swanstrom,
Supervisor Douglas Dressen, Clerk Lita Wallace, Treasurer Raymond G. Barnes.
Clerk’s Report: Since the meeting was conducted via teleconference, the supervisors read the September 8, 2020 Minutes from the town webpage. Swanstrom motioned to approve the minutes, seconded by Dressen, motion carried, 3-0-0.
Total Funds on hand as of 10/01/2020 (Includes Investments) – $172,757.54
Plus: Deposits – $2,081.11
CARES Election Grant ($449.00)
Transfer to Building/Property Fund from General Fund ($1500.00)
Interest on Accounts ($132.11)
Less: Disbursements (October) – $3,121.23
Transfer from General Fund to Building/Property Fund ($1500.00)
Other Disbursements ($1621.23)
Total Funds on hand as of 10/31/2020 – $171,717.42
October Check # 1593 – 1598
Claims (November) – $1648.33 (includes snowplowing bill)
November Check # 1599 – 1605
No transfers to the Checking Account will be needed
Dressen motioned to approve the October 2020 Treasurer’s Report and Claims for November 2020, seconded by Swanstrom, motion carried, 3-0-0.
- Update on West Branch Road – some residents have expressed concern on trees going down partly in township area. No update yet whether the repair on West Branch Road had been completed.
- Discussion on upcoming township meetings – with the uncertainty of the effects of COVID-19, the township will continue to meet via teleconference and will keep discussing monthly. For the election and Annual Town Meeting in March, the township will try to find a location to conduct the election and the meeting. Barnes will check with the Snowmobile Club if their building can be used.
- Update on clerk and treasurer positions – The position for clerk and treasurer are still open. No application has been received as of this date. Barnes will talk with the incoming North Star clerk if she might be interested. The only problem is that she cannot be in two places during the Annual Town Meeting. Kuettel requested Wallace if she will be available to conduct the Annual Meeting and serve as Deputy Clerk. Wallace agreed.
- Dressen mentioned that there was a situation when an individual called asking about the vehicle axle weight limit in West Branch Road but has no idea how big the equipment is.
- Invasive weed report – Deborah Pomroy, Town of Pequaywan Weed Inspector, reported that she completed the submission of the required Noxious Weed Survey Report online via EDDMaps to St. Louis County Land Department. She mentioned that other government agencies such as the MN Department of Agriculture reviews the report but nothing has been done by the agencies.
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-the 2020 MAT Educational Conference and Annual Meeting schedules
- Various emails from St. Louis County Elections re- upcoming General Election on November 3
- Email from Frontier Communications verifying if they need a permit for a work to be done on the township between homes 9196 and 9182 West Branch Road
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-2020 MAT Educational Conference and Annual Meeting on November 20 to be held via Zoom webinar due to the pandemic
- Email from St. Louis County Association of Townships re-Agenda for October 28 Zoom meeting, minutes of February 2020 meeting, minutes of the 56th Annual meeting on May 22, 2019 and the By-laws
- Snowplowing bill for West Branch Road from St. Louis County Public Works Department in the amount of $1,121.25 for 1st half of 2020-2021
- Bill from Deborah Pomroy, Pequaywan Township weed inspector, in the amount of $200.00, for the survey completed in two areas specified in the report below
- Bill from Minnesota Association of Townships Insurance Trust in the amount of $255.00 for Worker’s Compensation premium covering 1/1/2021-1/1/2022 due 1/1/2021
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance and the Minnesota State Withholding Reports have been filed electronically with the State of Minnesota by Barnes
- Noxious Weed Survey Report of burning site on township land located at T54N R12W NE1/4 of NE1/4 Sec 19 and weed survey of St. Louis County gravel pit located at T54N R12W NE1/4 of SE1/4 Sec 18 was submitted by Deborah Pomroy to St. Louis County Land Department thru EDDMapS, http://www.eddmaps.org/
- Submitted the Resolution Adopting the Minnesota Township General Records Retention Schedule to Minnesota Historical Society – confirmed received on 11/10/2020
- Outdoor lighting – the individual that requested this topic was not able to join the meeting but the supervisors agreed that it is a concern. They could make recommendations but the township cannot enforce it.
Next Meeting, December 8, 2020, 7:30 p.m., via teleconference
Swanstrom motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:16 p.m., seconded by Dressen, 3-0-0.
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk