Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chair Donald Swanstrom.
Board members: Chair Don Swanstrom, Vice-Chair Scott Mead, Supervisor Charles Kuettel, Treasurer Raymond G. Barnes, Clerk Lita Wallace
Number of resident/s present: 13
Number of non-resident present: 1
Motion to approve August Minutes by Mead, second by Kuettel, motion carried.
Total Cash on hand as of 08/01/2018 – $273,543.67
Plus: Deposits – $6,272.45
Less Disbursements (August) – $5,514.49
Total Cash on hand as of 08/31/2018 – $274,301.63
August Check # 1363 – 1373
Claims (September) – $103,368.83
September Check # 1374 – 1384
Approve September Claims: including reimbursement for $207.65 (signs for township land) from a resident, and bills from KTM, $98,700 and $3,074 for West Branch Road repair which was for cost of extra work in an area that was discovered while working on the road.
Motion to approve August Treasurer’s Report and September Claims (including $3,074 from KTM by Mead, second by Kuettel, motion carried.
- Update – West Branch Road repair: completed
- Update – Township land: There is a pretty good walking trail in the woods that was completed with volunteer help residents lead by Pequaywan Lake Association and funded by the township. Pequaywan Lake Association is scheduled to have a meeting on October 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the Firehall. Barnes reported that he is a member of the Cooperative Light Association’s (CLP) Round-Up. He said that he recused himself from the processing of the application from a Pequaywan resident requesting grant for projects on the township land. At that time, it was denied as the official CLP form was not used and there were information missing on the application form. CLP requires documentation that the resident be an official representative of a governing body and to indicate payee of the grant. Barnes also stated that the payee can also apply as a member of Pequaywan Lake Association.
- Update – Tree spraying: completed on August 29
- Update – Township Comprehensive Plan: Mead reported that he has been collecting copies of Comprehensive Plan from various townships for reference and research which were provided to Kuettel. He also mentioned that townships do not need an outside facilitator to develop a Township Comprehensive Plan and that the Department of Natural Resources (DNR)/MN Coastal Plan has grant money for townships to tap into. For now, we can create a basic plan and keep improving on it. We have a unique township so we can create a restrictive plan.
Action Plan: Form a committee consisting of four residents interested in being involved in it. Contact one of the supervisors if any resident is interested.
- 3-year Certificate maturing on 9/22/2018: will research on other venue to invest the funds and one that does not lock it in for a period of time in case the funds is needed at any moment
- $98,700 bill (approved at the April 2018 meeting) from KTM Paving Inc. and $3,074 (Quote: Change Order to repair soft spot at an area near Fire #9270) for West Branch Road repair
- Email from St. Louis County re-announcement on the continuation of the Aggregate Crushing, Maintenance Striping and Crack Sealing Programs. Deadline to submit request is October 5, 2018. (Kuettel will inquire for more information)
- Email from St. Louis County on Comprehensive Plan Survey draft action implementations.
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships announcing the new Executive Director and the next MAT District 10 meeting scheduled on August 30, 2018 in Twig.
- Blank form of Township Final Levy Certification form for taxes payable 2019 from St. Louis County Auditor’s Office
- Letter from St. Louis County Board of Adjustment on its approved decision from a variance hearing on a property at the township
- 2019 Pequaywan Final Town Levy in the amount of $30,000.00 mailed to St. Louis County, County Auditor, on September 10, 2018 (deadline October 1, 2018)
Next Meeting: October 9, 2018, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Mead motion to adjourn at 8:20 p.m., second by Kuettel, motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk