The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chair Scott Mead.
Attendance: Supervisors Scott Mead and Donald Swanstrom, Treasurer Raymond Barnes, Clerk Lita Wallace, two residents present, one non-resident present.
Clerk’s Report – Scott motioned to approve the March 2017 minutes, second by Don, motion carried. (Scott yay, Donald yay)
Treasurer’s Report – Ray reported that he was unable to access the CapitalOne online account so he could not submit a Treasurer’s Report. He will coordinate with Lee Kaplan when he returns. Ray mentioned that the State requires a paper trail of the reconciliation statement of the bank accounts thus, he will investigate the records and do what is required.
- Local Board of Appeals Meeting, April 26, 5-6 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department
- Logging contract – A contract was signed with Waste Wood Recyclers on March 31. Scott received a letter from John Wilson authorizing the removal of the strip of trees from his property adjoining south of Pequaywan Township property.
- West Branch Road work update – there is no new activity on this project. A resident reported that there was a frozen culvert and water was running over the road. Scott called the county and two hours later, it was fixed. The county will most likely charge the township for the work done.
- Salary of newly appointed treasurer is $20 per hour and $25 per meetings.
- Ray will set up filing quarterly federal withholding taxes electronically from the SCCU checking account during the first quarter of 2017
- Advantage of having all supervisors as additional signatories on the checking account in the absence of main signatories – Ray will arrange making an appointment with the credit union for Scott to Donald to be additional signatories.
- Election of Chair for 2017 – Scott asked Donald if he would like to act as Chair which he declined. Scott then volunteered to serve as Chair again. Don motioned, second by Scott, motion carried. (Scott yay, Donald yay)
- Ray suggested to convert the checks being used now to the larger business checks which would be more convenient and efficient to use. Scott and Don agrees.
- St. Louis County Association of Townships: February and March Minutes, SLCAT Lobby Day Registration Form
- Letter of Certificate to the Office of MN Secretary of State re-Option B voted by residents during March township election
- List of current and elected town officers to Minnesota Association of Townships
Public Comment – None
Next Meeting: May 9, 2017, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Meeting was motioned to adjourn at 7:50 p.m. by Don, second by Scott, motion carried, (Scott yay, Donald yay).
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Pequaywan Town Clerk