The meeting was called to order by Chair Scott Mead at 8:30 p.m.
- Board members Scott Mead, Lee Kaplan and Don Swanstrom; Treasurer Kim Hand; and Clerk Lita Wallace
- Number of residents present – 5
- Number of non-residents present – 0
Clerk’s Report – Motion by Scott, second by Lee, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
$246,832.74 — Total cash on hand as of 6/30/2016
$ 8,984.14 — Add: Deposits
$ 1,291.82 — Less: Expenditures
$254,525.06 — Total cash on hand as of 7/31/2016
Motion by Don, second by Scott, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)
- DNR Development Plans for an access to Pequaywan Lake – the 30-foot property next to Gordon Ramsey’s property should have been put up for sale but the Department of Fisheries said that it could not be sold as it will be used as a leverage for public access.
- West Branch Road Update – On July 20, Scott, Lee and Steve (of St. Louis County Public Works Department) looked at the area. The turnaround at the end of the road is not big enough for their equipment. The following are options: (1) Cut trees in the current turnaround property owned by Jim Stewart and will need his permission to do so; (2) Cut 15-foot wide x 50-foot long area of trees on the west side of the parcel to have plenty of room to push snow.
- St. Louis County will not be working on Highway 44 of the township area until 2018 and work on West Branch Road will not be started until 2018 after Highway 44 is completed. At that time, we will piggy back on the project.
- Logging on the township property – Contract expired mid-July. Scott called the logger on July 28 and again on August 5 but no return call. Lee suggested to send the logger an official letter of the contract expiration. Scott contacted DNR and he was given names to call to determine the value of the lumber.
- FireWise – 192 property owners received their new reflective signs. The chipper finished West Branch Road, East Shore and came down Pine Road. The chipper broke down as a crowbar was left on the tree and damaged it which is now non-fixable. Enough volunteer hours to cover the $20,000 requirement have been met.
- Review of the Northern Life Ranch Proposal – Per Tom Rukavina, Jon Trexel gave a presentation to the County Board. Any comments or complaints should be made in writing if the proposal is made before the planning commission. At the present time, it is not on the agenda for the planning commission.
Received: $350 Dividend check under Workers’ Compensation Program from Minnesota Association of Townships Insurance Trust; Invitation from Minnesota Association of Townships to its District 10 Meeting in Twig on August 20; Letter from St. Louis County Auditor’s Office with copy of blank Township Final Levy Certification form for taxes payable in 2017.
Claims and Payroll – check numbers 1072 to 1078 totalling $1621.75
Public Comment – Pequaywan Association meeting is Saturday, August 13, at 10:00 a.m. at the Firehall. Picnic is also August 13 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Pequaywan Inn.
Next Meeting: September 13, 2016, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Motion to Adjourn at 9:15 by Don, second by Lee, motion carried (Scott yay, Lee yay, Don yay.)